2021 SA Billion Steps Challenge
On 1 October 2021, we kicked off the second SA Billion Steps Challenge.
South Australians stepped up and achieved the goal of 1,000,000,000 steps in only 35 days – 29 days faster than last year!
While we may have reached our goal of one billion steps, there are still plenty of ways to stay moving.
We know every step counts and the more we move, the more health and wellbeing benefits we reap.
What can I do now the Billion Steps Challenge is over?
There are plenty of simple, easy and free ways to stay active:
Keep using the 10,000 Steps app
- Logging your steps every day keeps you aware of how active you are, and keeps you accountable.
- You can log all types of physical activity on the 10,000 Steps app, as well as setting exercise and health goals and tracking your progress.
- Love a bit of healthy competition? You can set up more tournaments with your friends, family and workmates.
- You can sign up for challenges that let you explore a different city every month, choosing the journey that suits your activity levels.
Check out the resources on the Wellbeing SA website
- The Movement and being active section of this site has information, resources, workout videos and tips to help you be active every day
- Explore the physical activity videos on our YouTube channel, including:
- movement skills for pre-schoolers, children and teenagers
- fun and easy to follow dance routines for pre-schoolers and children
- yoga for children, teenagers and adults
- High Intensity Interval Training for beginners
- Strength, Mobility and Balance for beginners
- how to use outdoor exercise equipment for teenagers, adults and older adults
- Strength for Life activities for people over 50 years and over 40 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People