My Home Hospital
My Home Hospital is a public hospital service that delivers acute care to patients in the comfort and privacy of their own home. The service brings hospital-level care to the patient in the form of doctors, nurses, allied health practitioners, some x-rays, blood tests, medication, and other support services including meals and personal care, depending on the patient’s needs.
The service is available to eligible patients in the Adelaide metropolitan area and Gawler hospital catchment who require acute hospital-level care for the following conditions:
- infections requiring IV antibiotics (i.e. cellulitis, pneumonia, mastitis)
- exacerbation of respiratory conditions
- vascular thromboembolism (DVT and PE)
- heart failure and chest pain
- post-operative care
- supportive cancer treatment
- other conditions for which home based hospital care is safe and appropriate.
My Home Hospital is a Wellbeing SA service, delivered by a joint venture between Calvary and Medibank.