Every move counts
Winter is almost over, the days are getting longer and it’s an exciting time to get outdoors and get your body moving.
If you want to start exercising more but aren’t sure where to begin, we have plenty of ideas to get you moving.
One of the easiest ways to increase the amount you move is to start small. Really small. Set some goals for yourself which you can easily achieve. These small wins will give you the motivation to keep going and set even more goals.
Whether you walk, use mobility aids, a wheelchair or prefer to stay indoors, there are plenty of ways to move.
Some ideas include:
- walk or wheel yourself around your house or out to the letter box and back
- make an effort to go to another room and back during TV ad breaks or between episodes
- if you’re working at a desk, set an alarm every hour and stand up or stretch
- leave an item that you need in another area of the house so you need to move to get it
- put your next phone call on speaker and use that as an opportunity to move
- dance in your own kitchen, like no one is watching.
Those are our suggestions – what’s your move?