Magical winter walks
From ghost mushrooms to stunning light shows and almond blossoms, there are so many amazing things to see on walks around South Australia this winter.
With so many sights to see, it's easy to experience the wonders of walking!
We’ve compiled a few ideas to get you started:
- Mount Lofty Botanic Garden, Adelaide Hills - Be transported to another world in this picturesque garden during winter.
- Ghost Mushroom Lane, South East - Discover the glowing mushrooms on a pine forest lane near Mount Gambier (tickets required).
- Illuminate Adelaide, city and regions - Experience this citywide spectacle of art, light, sound and imagination, with many free events throughout winter, as well as events taking place in Renmark, Mount Gambier and Victor Harbor during July.
- Alpine Winter Festival, Glenelg - Visit Glenelg’s foreshore this July and discover a winter wonderland with markets music and ice skating.
- Willunga Almond Blossom Festival - Find some beautiful hidden gems in Willunga’s parks during winter, and join in the almond festival fun in late July.
- South Australian national parks - We are really spoilt for choice with national parks in South Australia. Discover the desert oasis and hot springs during winter at Witkira National Park, go wildlife spotting in Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park or birdwatching in Mount Remarkable National Park.
- Your local park - If you don’t have a national park, special event or botanic garden on your doorstep, why not get out to your local park this weekend? Even a short walk to your nearest park can make a big difference to your day.