How you can add a short walk into your day
Taking a walk is an easy way to be active and it also provides a break from the rush of daily life. You can choose how long, or short your walk is – every bit counts. Here are a few ideas for fitting a short walk into your day:
- take a stroll in your neighbourhood or walk around your local oval
- go searching for local street art (check out this map!)
- walk to your local shops or community event
- walk and talk – make a phone call while you walk or catch up with a mate for a walking date
- go for a walk while listening to your favourite podcast or audiobook
- explore a local park or check out a nature play space with the kids
- get off public transport a stop (or two) early, or park the car further from your destination
- take your dog for a walk. Don’t have a dog? Ask to borrow a neighbour’s!
- check out Adelaide’s best pram walks and take your baby along with you.
Even a short walk can make a big difference to your day. Why not start with 10 minutes today?