An active family day out
Spending time with your family can provide a perfect opportunity to get outdoors in the fresh air and explore some magical locations. Here are a couple of suggestions:
- Young and old alike will find lots to enjoy at Carrick Hill. Stroll through the beautiful gardens, take in the spectacular views of Adelaide and take a journey through ‘once upon a time’ on the story book trail.
- Check out the ever-changing scenery in the Botanic Gardens. Did you know there are three different botanic gardens in Adelaide? Each offer plenty of trails to explore, or you can join an expert Garden Guide for a guided walk. Which one will you visit?
- Choose your own adventure along the River Torrens Linear Park trail. This 35km shared use trail stretches from the foothills at Athelstone all the way through to West Beach/Henley Beach. Pick a small section to explore this weekend. There is plenty of parking and public transport options to access various points of the trail.
- walk, jog, ride, scoot, skate or roll
- find a playground along the way
- stop for a picnic
- see if you can spot a koala or two in the beautiful gum trees!
For more ideas, including some great walks in regional South Australia, check out Walking SA’s 50 Great SA Short Walks and Hikes for Kids.